Project Engineer, Equipment Solutions
Pure Ingenuity Inc. has a unique opportunity for a talented mechanical engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team in Kingston, Ontario.
You're an engineer who thrives on collaborating and creating; two words we take very seriously at Pure Ingenuity. Our business is all about collaborating with customers and each other to create innovative, customized, high-quality equipment solutions that help our customers meet the demands of increased manufacturing productivity.
You're looking for an opportunity to work within a dynamic, entrepreneurial setting to help build an exciting future. You're a people person with a unique ability to collaborate with customers, to build and grow relationships that add value now and for the future.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing principles, methods, planning, materials and equipment design;
- 2 to 5 years equipment design experience using AutoCAD, SolidWorks or other modeling software;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate, collaborate and build relationships with customers and co-workers;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Sound project management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects;
- The ability to sell ideas, recognize potential business opportunities and move them forward;
- Experience in a sales role;
- A degree in mechanical engineering.
Experience designing automation and control systems will also be an asset.
- Analyze our clients’ manufacturing processes and equipment, help them solve problems and make valuable, cost-efficient recommendations;
- Create accurate estimates and value-added options to fulfil client requirements profitably;
- Design premium manufacturing equipment solutions, primarily in stainless steel and other metals as required;
- Develop innovative solutions for customers, design products with quality and manufacturability in mind;
- Plan and manage projects to meet goals on time, within budget, and meeting specifications;
- Oversee fabrication and installation of mechanical and electrical equipment, ensuring smooth and reliable implementation;
- Coordinate with the scheduling, fabrication, and purchasing departments. Provide timely and accurate information to ensure that materials and information are provided to keep projects on time;
- Communicate costs and schedule changes when a customer alters project specifications;
- Evaluate finished projects and equipment to make sure that work maintains a high level of quality and meets customer requirements;
- Take an active role in the company’s sales process to develop new business;
- Manage and develop long-term client relationships.
We offer excellent wages and benefits, including a performance bonus plan. Pure Ingenuity Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants should forward a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org